Friday, September 11, 2009

Family 'Outing'

Friday September 11, 2009 @ 8:12 PM

Ok, where do I start. I have been inspired to start blogging again because of a recent coming out of sorts with a family member. I have struggled with the whole coming out to the family for years now, but I have recently become apathetic to other peoples reactions or beliefs.

My sister-in-law was looking at recent photos posted to Facebook noticed my profile pic. She says it was the profile pic, but I think it was the pic of me licking my boyfriend in the face. She questioned me regarding my profile pic, which is me and my boyfriend, and asked me "who the guy was in my profile pic", then immediately said "take that back, maybe i don't want to know" which i promptly replied, "you probably don't".


A few minuted later she said, "so when are you going to tell you family before someone else who may have a FB account does? I've been holding back tears for an hour." I said "What are the tears for? That's what I've been fighting for years." She responded, "You know my opinion and I'm sorry I can't support you on this. I love you and have always felt close to you but now- I don't know what to say."

My resonse was, "And that's why I have never said anything. Y'all don't understand, and unfortunately, probably never will! I am the same person I have always been! Just so you know, I did not choose this, God made me this way! I LOVE you, despite how u feel and always will!" Which she responded by saying, "Keep reassuring yourself of that. You know I don't believe God made u that way. That is why I'm having such a hard time."

I asked, "Did u choose to be who u r?" She said that, "I am not going to debate with u on the issue b/c we will never agree. I just want to know if you are ever going to tell your parents and your brother."


I just can't believe how close-minded she is. Typical Southern Bapist behavior. Not sure what to do at this point. I think she will definitely tell my brother.

No comments: